Once again, this Holiday Season, I am excited to be collecting new and gently used books for some of the children at our local elementary school. Some of these children have never owned a book of their own. Every year I take some of my vacation time for this worthy cause. Last week I was able to collect 110 books. Every child who wants a book will get one.
Giving the gift of reading can change the life of a child. It can open doors and opportunities that will last a lifetime and hopefully make the world a better place.
This Holiday Season give the gift of reading to a child. Together we make a difference.

18 comments:
Amen, sister! This is a wonderful cause and one that I will be happy to participate in. I think this is very important. Even in my family, I always try to give educational gifts to the little ones. Books are my favorite to give to children. What a difference this could make in the life of a child who can't afford books or who have never touched or felt or read a book.
Thank you Noe Noe. I'm on it.
Awesome post! And so very true!
Awesome!!!! You rock;)
I love your generous spirit!
We take so much for granted. My kids have books for days. Periodically, we weed out the ones that they no longer want to make room for new books. How blessed we are to be able to do that.
I pray that a child will be blessed by your book drive!
Those children are SO fortunate to have you in their lives....and so am I:)
Lady, you know helping children is something near and dear to my heart and I could just hug the stuffing out of you right now!
Can I mail you some books? Or would you like some money? I have paypal. Send me your email. I don't have much but I would love to share something!
What a wonderful thing you're doing. Books are so important to children and if they aren't taught to love them early on it becomes more and more difficult the older they get.
Your tree is gorgeous! Just noticed it in the upper corner.
Wonderful!
Every year at our school, we ask our parents to donate to our lower school library rather than give gifts to their child's teacher. We've collected nearly $2400 so far to buy new children's books. Each child gets a printed plaque with their name on it and the year, pasted inside the book's cover and are the first to borrow it over the holiday.
You rock, NNG! I always tell kids, "if you can't read, you can't do anything else"
Reading is THE most important skill anyone can have ... and I do believe I may have some books to send you ...
I may have spoken too soon, I need to look at some of the books to make sure they are kid appropriate!
The more blogs I read the more wonderful things I find going on this Christmas season.
Being an avid reader myself I have to agree with you, the gift of reading is a wonderful thing.
To give is a wonderful thing. As a retired teacher, a gift of reading is a most precious gift. Kudos to you,girlfriend!!!
Have a most blessed day!!!
YES!YES!YES! I totally agree with you. Books are such a wonderful thing to give. I love giving books to people. I love buying books for myself, too. I have toooo many books. Recently, our local newspaper had a gently used book sale. I bought around 25-30 books!
When I'm done with them, I donate them. Kudos to you for doing this!!!!
This is a lovely Christmas project.
Car Goes Boom
This is a great thing to do, and my daughter whom I write about did this as a young student, while volunteering at the local food bank.
Thank you for your continued prayers and support, Noe Noe--your comments truly, your comments make my day.
hugs
Post a Comment