Saturday, December 19, 2009

It's Christmas Time!

The Christmas season has been real busy at The Little House. We have changed the way we celebrate Christmas here. We decided to keep things simpler and less hectic. I did all my shopping on line, I sent no Christmas cards (going green), I bagged all the gifts early, we have enjoyed all the decorations and lights, the parties have been fun and the Christmas plays have been wonderful. I love the Christmas music. I even made enough candy to make Willie Wonker throw up ~ So I really thought I had it all together....well guess what? NOT! In less than six days I have a house full of folks coming over for a day of celebration. I still need to do the food shopping and get everything prepared! Last night we got a foot of snow and today we are supposed to get another six inches or more! But I did get my hair done yesterday before the storm hit and it looks good! So how are your Holiday plans going?


A gift from
The Flower Girl

16 comments:

T said...

We were suppose to be hosting a party today - went from 10 to 1 in a matter of hours! But - I got a ton of baking done, gifts being wrapped and like you - the decorating has been scaled back.

BTW....LOVE the wreath!

~JarieLyn~ said...

Wow, it sounds like your are on the ball. I love Christmas music too. It's all I've been listening to on the radio for the past two weeks. I normally do all my shopping on-line but this year was just the opposite. I finished the last of my xmas shopping just about an hour and a half ago. Finally!

Well, I wish you a very merry Christmas filled with lots of laughter and fun times with friends and family. Hugs!

I Am Woody said...

As long as your hair looks good, what else do you need??

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Shopping on line really is the way to go. Except if you have a PO box, and then don't get me started but it's still better than malls and stores.

That is one gorgeous, gorgeous wreath.

Cloudia said...

Smells like Christmas here. Yummy!





Aloha, Friend!


Comfort Spiral

j said...

Oh Honey, I laughed right out loud when I read that you got your hair done before the storm. Who needs bread and milk when you look fabulous? LOL!

Have a wonderful weekend and KEEP WARM!!!

joanne said...

the hair...it's all about the hair, everything else will fall into place! Merry Christmas sweet girl...I'm so glad our paths have crossed. Blessings to you...jj

Suz Broughton said...

LOL! on that Wonka line.
Good for you. I wish I would have done the same...

The Good Eater said...

Both of my kids will be out of town this year so I had to get their packages in the mail last week. I'm still trying to figure out what to get my husband for Christmas. I have such a hard time buying for the men in the family.

Mental P Mama said...

That wreath is beautiful! And since your hair is done, I'd say you are ready for anything!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. That wreath is so beautiful! I love it. I have to address all of our cards today. And do the christmas letter. And then I have to go and shovel the flipping driveway... GRrrrrrrrrrrrrr. And it is so cold out there. We got 18 inches I think. Jimminy Crickets. Oh, and did I mention that our tree isn't up yet? It's not.

Matty said...

Stopping in by way of Let's Have a Cocktail.

We are cruising along here. Our decorations are up, the gifts are bought and wrapped, and the movies are being watched. We just have to get all the food for our holiday visitors we'll be having.

big hair envy said...

I quit worrying about the gifts two weeks ago. Unfortunately, I didn't get my hair DID:( Maybe I can squeeze that in this week....since there's nothing else to do!!!

Merry Christmas, my dear friend:) Can't wait to see you Christmas Eve! BTW - are you guys coming over after the candlelight service?

Daryl said...

Being beautified™ you can handle anything .. and look gorgeous!

Christina said...

Wow you did get a lot done. I know what you mean about thinking your ahead of the game and then finding out you have so much more to do. At least you will be getting a white Christmas. I cheated and bought my meal from Safeway, but I know most people like cooking for the holidays. I sure wish I could enjoy some of your home made candy. Sounds yummy!!!!!

Pretty wreath. Glad to hear you are going to enjoy a house full for Christmas, that sounds fun.

Unknown said...

I can't believe I missed this post! I want to be best friends with The Flower Girl. But then, she already has the neatest coolest friend in the world. Love you guys, and enjoy that beautiful gift!