This Holiday Season I am so excited to be involved in a campaign that is collecting new and gently used books to help develop a love of reading in children who live in homes where books are often viewed as an unaffordable luxury. Sadly that is how it is with so many of the children where I live.While on vacation last week, I was able to visit some of the libraries in my area. I am not beneath begging for a good cause! With that said, I was able to get my paws on over a hundred books that will be going to our local elementary school! This will help ensure every child in the school gets a book for Christmas. Books for children should not be luxury items for any family.
So during this Holiday Season, don't forget to do something special for someone less fortunate than yourself. Give the gift of reading!
4 comments:
You never cease to amaze me! Peoople have no idea how much you do for the school, church and community. Not to mention the environment:)
No, books should NEVER be considered a luxury item. Although, they ARE priceless!
Wow - you go girl!!
I think it's great what your doing. I agree too. Books should not be considered a luxury item. You will be making alot of kids very happy indeed. :o)
Thank God for everything you do. You are truly a blessing.
Post a Comment