Monday, January 5, 2009

The Birthday Club

Now that the holidays are over and it's the beginning of a new year, we all need something new and fun to do (other than diet). This is going to be so fun! We all love to be remembered and I for one simply love birthdays and a good party! So you are invited to join the birthday club. Here's how it works....

We will all put our birthdays on a calendar that we all have access to. You can put this calendar on your blog page if you like. Feel free to pass this around..the more birthdays the better!

We can all check the calendar and be reminded of who is having a birthday. We can send our birthday wishes along with virtual gifts to the "birthday" person on their special day. In turn the birthday baby will post their virtual gifts (and comments) on their blog (if they so choose) soon after their birthday for all of us to see. We will see how well we have gotten to know each other! (please be kind =)

Here are some tips for success~
go to
http://www.localendar.com/elsie
sign in ~ thebirthdayclub
password ~ myday
Find your birthday month using the month calendar.
Click on add event in left side bar.
Add your name in the title bar, click the all day button, you can add color and an image if you like, then save.
Log off.

The calendar is updated immediately. ( you will need to click off your month and click back to see the updates)
You can only delete by signing on to the calendar website.

Our birthdays will be there for all of us to see at any time.

If you would like to add the birthday club calendar to your blog page as a daily reminder, get the HML information from the calendar website under publish. It is at the bottom of the page.
You will be able to make updates to the calendar if it is on your blog page. Check out my side bar. I already have my calendar there =)
If you have any questions or need any help just let me know.
Now go post your birthday on the calendar, then check out October 28th. That's my birthday!

11 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

I'm going there. Although, I don't really have those birthday things any more.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for NOT making us put how old we would be....Bwahahaha!

It's bad enough that the entire blogosphere now knows how much I weigh...I need wine.

I Am Woody said...

I'm posted and actually on the correct day. Imagine that!!

Anonymous said...

Do you think I am smart enough to figure all of that out? : ) I will try! I am getting SO old though...I don't really like to think about Birthdays! You are a baby : ).

Unknown said...

I am in...February 21

Thanks for reminding me!

Marlene

Cool Breeze said...

Since mine is so soon, I better rush right over.

Cool Breeze said...

Hey, I just went there and I am already listed. Did BHE do that or are you clairvoyant?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I don't DO birthdays anymore. I have anniversaries of birthdays. The number is smaller that way!

Ooops... my cats were logged in. Sorry about the deletion!

Thrifty Cents said...

So much fun...I'm in!

Anonymous said...

I think I did it...

but I thought I did it the other day too and I was wrong.

check sept. 24th and tell me if I was successful or not...