Thursday, November 12, 2009

Urbanna Oyster Fest~Part One


To the 52nd Annual...

Let me just start off saying...we had a blast!!

There were thousands of people!
We couldn't have asked for a better day!
The weather was perfect!

Oysters were everywhere. Fried, raw, and
steamed on the half shell.
They were even wandering the streets!
There were wonderful musicians.

There was barbecue on an open pit because
some of us do not eat oysters!

Fine art on every corner by the local artists!

Did I mention there were oysters?
This one was looking for
Chesapeake Bay Woman!
Here is Big Hair Envy and her wonderful
(and extremely handsome) dad.
He is truly a jewel!
He let all the Riff Raff hang out in his
front yard to watch the parade!
Smiling faces decorated the lawn!

Then there was the parade! What fun!
This was Little T's favorite!
We all had a great day of fun with wonderful friends!
It just doesnt get any better....well almost!
At the end of the day...Big Hair Envy made
dinner reservations for all of us at
(more on that lip smacking place in part two!)

For now I will end with this...
Some of us had too much fun
and stayed way too long!


14 comments:

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Awesome pictures and write-up. BHE's father is adorable, and he already said all I have to do is invite him here and he'll show up.

Can't wait for the Part Two, hope you got a picture of those hush puppies and those DEVILED EGGS that were to die for.

Big Hair Envy said...

I LOVE this post!!! What a fun weekend. Can we do it again. Tomorrow?

P.S. Please email me the pics of my dad and me:) Thanks!!

Nessa said...

Great pictures. Looks like a real blast.

Thursday Thirteen - Me & Music

I Am Woody said...

Looks like such a great time but seriously, is that oyster smoking a cigarette?!?

HalfAsstic.com said...

Wow, that looks like a blast and I am so jealous... you got to hang with the Geico Gecko as well as all the other smashing ladies! ;-)

soulful sepulcher said...

Thanks for sharing the fun here, it makes my day reading about it and seeing the photos.

Mental P Mama said...

She couldn't possibly have taken a picture of the hush puppies and deviled eggs because I ate them all in 30 seconds. I want to come back down there as soon as this storm moves out;)

aurbie said...

You can't have an oyster fest without me!

The photos are just wonderful. I wish we had some of your weather. The storm hit us pretty hard. Rain and more wind, along with high winds; more to come tomorrow.

Have a great weekend.

mom x 2 said...

Awwww, I love these pics! That day was so fun.... Can we go again soon... well maybe after the sun comes back out and the water subsides!

Cloudia said...

yummy post!!!!




Aloha, Friend


Comfort Spiral

Daryl said...

Oh the fun ... and I am trying hard to stop salivating over the food I didnt get to have, needless to say but I will anyway, I would have eaten all the oysters Mental P passed on .. up .. over .. deviled eggs .. hush puppies .. droolin'

Little T looks so handsome as does CDub!

~JarieLyn~ said...

Ah, it looks like a wonderful time was had by all. I love the crab welcoming everyone. It is so cute. that barbeque looked good.

Herrad said...

Hi Noe Noe Girl,
Great post and pictures.
Will be visiting your blog often.
Love,
Herrad

The Good Life in Virginia said...

great shots...so wish we could have hooked up. maybe next time. we will be back...my husband enjoyed the entire trip :)