Friday, October 9, 2009

COOP DVILLE

There's a little place out here in the Big Woods called COOP DVILLE.
It is owned and operated by none other than Little T himself.

One of the stipulations for Little T staying home this past summer was he had to care for the chickens. He did a pretty good job feeding and watering them. Along with gathering the 6 to 8 eggs everyday.

Ohoe the Rooster, is the ruler of the roost.
We paid a whole five dollars for this beast!

It is really amazing how gentle he is.

Ohoe does a good job watching over his girls.
He is not shy about letting anyone within ear shot know when an egg has been laid either. He is one proud bird.


Little T has standing orders for his "Fresh Brown Eggs".

That was how he made his spending money over the summer.

There's nothing quiet like a fresh brown egg.
We get some hefty ones too.
Some even have double yokes.


And according to "Sarge"~at a dollar and a half a dozen....

"It's the best deal in the county!"

14 comments:

T said...

What a great way for Little T to earn money and learn how to be responsible.

There is NOTHING better than freshly laid eggs!

~JarieLyn~ said...

I'll say that's the best deal in town. I love brown eggs. Little T should be very proud of himself.

Interesting post.

Mental P Mama said...

Little T is quite the businessman! And I'll have an omelet. Thank you.

j said...

Standing orders! How cool for Little T.

I hope that you all have a great weekend!

Shelley Jaffe said...

Do y'all deliver? ;)

I love me eggs that come from well-tended chickens - they just taste so much better!

Cloudia said...

good deal ALL around!

Aloha, Friend!

Comfort Spiral

joanne said...

those are some freaking fantastic eggs you've got there...what the heck are you feeding those chickies??

Unknown said...

Little T is the man!! He is such an ambitious young man too. Those eggs are a steal at that price!

Daryl said...

What an entrepreneur he is . and $1.50 a dozen is quite a good price ... ToonMan's father raised chickens at one point (he bred boxer pups too at one time) so ToonMan knows all about what comes first

I Am Woody said...

What a great way for him to earn some $$! Me? I've always been a little scared of chickens.....

Chele said...

Good for Little T!

I sure do miss the fresh brown eggs I would get from neighbor at the old house. My kids would "Chicken Sit" for them whenever they went away and there was nothing gentle about their rooster from hell. lol

Donna Reed In Blue Jeans said...

Hey that's really cool! I love the name of the coop, too! My girls went through a stage where they would only eat brown eggs. We might have to try that, it's a new trend here to have your very own "urban coop". Only, I'm not a fan of birds and I don't think I can stand the smell. So, maybe I'll just buy eggs from someone else who has a coop. Too bad you all live so far away.

Caffeinated Weka said...

What a wonderful business opportunity for an enterprising businessman!

Country Girl said...

I love fresh brown eggs. Your Little T is quite the chicken herder.