Looks wonderful. I love garden fresh tomatoes. Someday, I will try my hand at gardening. Until then, I will enjoy your photos and use them as inspiration.
They are beautiful. i am eating tomatoes like crazy. i love them fresh from the garden. * * * If you surrender to the wind, you can ride it. ~Toni Morrison * * * The Chrysalis Stage Esoteric Uncovered twitter & facebook
This is my most successful garden year ever, too: I have two tomato plants WHICH HAVE NOT (yet) DIED and which are sporting SIX -- count 'em, SIX! -- green tomatoes of golf ball size or smaller. I have been chowing on other peoples' produce but proud as a peacock that I HAVE NOT (yet) KILLED MY OWN! Go me.
I think I could learn a lot form you, Noe-Noe Girl.
I remember sitting in my grandparents kitchen with a plate of sliced tomatoes in front of me and a salt and pepper shaker. That's all I needed to make me happy. They were SO good from the garden! The ones from the grocery store don't even come close!
We've had such a craptastic summer here in Maine that everything up here is suffering from Blight. It's a good thing I didnt get my garden in this year after all.
I don't care for tomatoes but would love to get my hand on those peppers. Mmmmmm.
Cut up tomatoes, peppers and salsa. Toss in blender. Blend. Add a splash of salt and a little lime juice (optional). Voila, the best salsa ever. (If it is too watery, just blend in some regular jarred salsa, but not too much. Don't want to overpower those delectable tomatoes and peppers.)
Oh do you ever have the makins' of some good salsa there! May I suggest a variation on CBW's recipe? Roast the stuff before you blend. Cut the maters in half, place skin side up on a foil-lined baking sheet (with sides) and broil till black. Same thing with those peppers, and add some onion too, and roast a head of garlic and use a few cloves. Then pulse it all with cilantro, lime, maybe a pinch of cumin, coarse salt, and, if you're feeling crazy, a bit of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (you buy it in a can but use only part of one pepper). Yummmm!
Ours is doing really well, too! Today for lunch at school I had a tomato sandwich. And for snack, I had a big handful of cherry tomatoes. Better than chocolate.
Well, the chocolate we have here at the school which are just Hershey kisses.
So I had a couple of them too. Just so they wouldn't feel lonely.
23 comments:
Oh how I miss having a garden. I love canning!!
Love me some fresh off the vine to-ma-toes
Looks wonderful. I love garden fresh tomatoes. Someday, I will try my hand at gardening. Until then, I will enjoy your photos and use them as inspiration.
The peppers came in really well and BIG. Looks like you have some salsa going on there! Spicy!
Mmmm, salsa??
incredible! Our garden went pfffft. this year with all the strange weather happenings.
They are beautiful. i am eating tomatoes like crazy. i love them fresh from the garden.
* * *
If you surrender to the wind, you can ride it. ~Toni Morrison
* * *
The Chrysalis Stage
Esoteric Uncovered
twitter & facebook
This is my most successful garden year ever, too: I have two tomato plants WHICH HAVE NOT (yet) DIED and which are sporting SIX -- count 'em, SIX! -- green tomatoes of golf ball size or smaller. I have been chowing on other peoples' produce but proud as a peacock that I HAVE NOT (yet) KILLED MY OWN! Go me.
I think I could learn a lot form you, Noe-Noe Girl.
I remember sitting in my grandparents kitchen with a plate of sliced tomatoes in front of me and a salt and pepper shaker. That's all I needed to make me happy. They were SO good from the garden! The ones from the grocery store don't even come close!
We've had such a craptastic summer here in Maine that everything up here is suffering from Blight. It's a good thing I didnt get my garden in this year after all.
I don't care for tomatoes but would love to get my hand on those peppers. Mmmmmm.
Cut up tomatoes, peppers and salsa. Toss in blender. Blend. Add a splash of salt and a little lime juice (optional). Voila, the best salsa ever. (If it is too watery, just blend in some regular jarred salsa, but not too much. Don't want to overpower those delectable tomatoes and peppers.)
Doesn't surprise me ONE BIT that you share the things from your garden. Yummy looking pictures!
I FORGOT THE MORE IMPORTANT INGREDIENT!! CILANTRO! you need to add that - lots of it - to give it the most perfect, fresh taste there is.
Sorry about that. Brain is fried.
Wow! I started gardening last May. I hope I can pull in that kind of load one day.
I am so jealous. I don't have time to tend a garden. If I did, it would die. No green thumb here.
Just beautiful bounty!!!!
Comfort Spiral
I have grown some nice weeds this summer. I'll be down with my own basket;)
Oh do you ever have the makins' of some good salsa there! May I suggest a variation on CBW's recipe? Roast the stuff before you blend. Cut the maters in half, place skin side up on a foil-lined baking sheet (with sides) and broil till black. Same thing with those peppers, and add some onion too, and roast a head of garlic and use a few cloves. Then pulse it all with cilantro, lime, maybe a pinch of cumin, coarse salt, and, if you're feeling crazy, a bit of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (you buy it in a can but use only part of one pepper). Yummmm!
I only like tomatoes when they are freshly grown. These look yummy
Nice veggies!
My garden consists of a couple of potted herbs in the kitchen window. The cats have eaten every sprout that's grown.
<--------- jealous
I love these pictures. It looks So delicious! Way to go with your garden : )
Ours is doing really well, too! Today for lunch at school I had a tomato sandwich. And for snack, I had a big handful of cherry tomatoes. Better than chocolate.
Well, the chocolate we have here at the school which are just Hershey kisses.
So I had a couple of them too. Just so they wouldn't feel lonely.
Post a Comment