Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Garden

I have posted a slide show of our vegetable garden to the right of my blog. I'll be updating it regularly so you can see the growth progress, weeds and my lack of gardening skills. So far all we have to show off is one yellow squash bloom. We have also planted tomatoes, butter beans, corn, zucchini, banana peppers, cucumbers and watermelon. The race is on for the first ripe tomato. I can't wait to make you a sandwich!



21 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Sounds so yummy :)

T said...

Rm's got a blossom too!

I'm soooooo ready for those maters!

mmmmm.....tomato, mozzarella and basil sandwich (on a tuscan bread).

Sorry, dreaming there!

I Am Woody said...

I didn't even get my plot tilled!!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I can't wait to see how your garden grows!

Dr.John said...

We can't even grow flowers but we are trying tomatoes this year.
I envy your ability and green thumb.

Thinkinfyou said...

WOW! That's a really big garden. I started a small one this year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my otherwise white thumbs turn green!!

Donna Reed In Blue Jeans said...

Neat! I grew up with a veggie garden. My dad had to always have vegetables and fruit growing in our yard.

abb said...

I'm most positive you'll beat me with the first tomato. Every road-block has been thrown our way. Too much rain, too cool temperatures, too little top soil...

abb said...

BTW - clever slide show!

Caution/Lisa said...

I bought a Topsy Turvy and hope for one 'mater. Just one.

Big Hair Envy said...

YUM! I'll bring the bread and the mayo;)

aurbie said...

Noe Noe Girl, Noe Noe Girl,
How does your garden grow?
With maters and squash
and beans and corn,
all in a pretty row.

Yum.

Mental P Mama said...

I love that slideshow! I'll just pick up my share at BlogFest. Thanks;)

Treasia Stepp said...

Looks good so far Noe Noe. I bet I beat you with the first tomato though. I already have blooms out the wazoo here. Even have about 2 inch long banana peppers. I planted more veggies today and finally got my strawberries in.

Unknown said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa........


I wannnnnaaaa come bbbbaaaaaaccccckkkkkkkkk!

Do I have to make my own sammie since I am officially family now?

The Good Eater said...

There is nothing better than a home grown, vine ripened tomato... unless it's fresh picked corn.

Anonymous said...

Your garden is going to be so fantastic! The peppers sound DELISH!

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

I can't wait for you to make me a sandwich either Noe Noe. Let me know when it's going to be served the day before so I can make the drive over.
Please have my friend Jose Cuervo for dinner that night as well. We get along realllllyyy well :)


Steady On
Reggie Girl

Travis Cody said...

Good luck with the veggies!

bearer of three said...

I READ THAT BLOG YOU LEFT THE LINK TO ON MY PAGE..OMG..TOOOO FUNNY..THANK YOU I NEEDED A LAUGH

TJ said...

Wow, blooms and toms already! Up here in Central WA we're just now getting heat, but I'm so glad to have everything in the ground (minus 4 cherry tomatoes that will go in soon). I'm getting so big it's hard work just bending over to turn on the water, and I still have 20 weeks to go!

I look forward to the updates!