Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday Shoot Out- Gardens & Stuff

This weeks Friday Shootout is Gardens and Stuff. What a great topic ~only it has rained here all week ~which makes for not so good wonderful picture taking ~but what the heck..here's what I've got folks!

This is the acre spot My Cdub plowed up for us to plant our vegetable garden.

And these are the hundreds precious few little babies that will live there. I always plant my vegatable garden on Mother's Day weekend.

I have a small flower park/garden in my front yard.
There are a few things blooming there.

These beautiful Iris' smell like grapes!


Tom is the keeper of the park garden.
He was a great find at the recycling plant!
He eats like a horse bird!



In my rock garden ~ Peonies ready to explode!



These are my treasured Hostas and Wild Ferns.
I love the simple things.

Did I mention it has rained all week?


The Pink Flamingoes don't seem to mind though!


Another view of the Hostas and Ferns.


A few of my tools helpers.
You can never have too many helpers.


Daisies on the porch.


And Geraniums too!



Last but not least~ this "rare" find!
Still on the endangered species list.
A pink Lady Slipper in my driveway!
Rain Rain go away.....

22 comments:

Nessa said...

I love your series of photos. We have two more days of rain here.

Mental P Mama said...

Beautiful! Ready for the big party? I'll be there in spirit!

abb said...

I haven't seen a lady slipper since my childhood a hundred year ago! How wonderful!

If you don't have enough to do in your gardens, wanna come plant mine??? Pleeeaaase???

Unknown said...

Wow, you sure do have a green thumb. I can't wait to see all your veggies when they are ripe.

Caution/Lisa said...

You do look ready for your company! It's all beautiful. I haven't seen a Lady Slipper since I was a child. What sweet memories!

Enjoy every minute of that party :)

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I love it...I wish we could have a garden. Please keep the pictures coming!

Happy Mother's Day to you!

HorribleLicensePlates said...

Your flowers are beatiful. Spring is such a great time!!

Big Hair Envy said...

I can't wait to see all of your beautiful plants in the SUNSHINE tomorrow!!! YAY for us!

Which mile marker is the lady slipper near? I don't want to miss it as I come up your interstate, um, driveway!

Unknown said...

Can not wait to see you all!!!

Rachel Cotterill said...

I love the idea of a grape-scented flower, are they easy to grow? :)

Dr.John said...

All we have is tulips but we are planting next week.
Your flowers are so pretty.

aurbie said...

Noe Noe. I will back to visit your site. I like to take my time. Sometimes it takes me a day or two to get around to everyone.

Just letting you know.

The Good Eater said...

We have a couple of Lady Slippers in our woods. I'm headed to the Farmers Market tomorrow morning for my flowers. I wish I had more sunshine so I could plant vegetables.

Christina said...

Beautiful pictures. I wish I had a green thumb. I can't believe all these amazing flowers you have. I have never even heard of a lady slipper.

Gordon said...

It's no wonder that Lady Slippers are on the endangered list. They grow in the driveway! Great stuff from a great girl!

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Sorry I'm so delayed in getting here darling Noe Noe......I've had "net issues" and that's just super annoying ya know????????
What a Shoot-Out you did girl!!
It's all so lovely and your comments crack me up :)
Those Gerbers are so perfect they almost look silk.
Wonderful shots.......you're darlin :)
Have an EXTREME Mother's Day and.....

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Travis Cody said...

You should do have a lot of space to keep track of. Looks great!

J9 said...

th elady slipper is magnificent, and the Iris' are beautiful!

aurbie said...

I know all about the rain, Noe Noe.

I was finally able to get back.

You did a great job, all the way to the garden tools.

I love the critter.

Where did you get those purple stones. I have never see that color around these parts.

I love that winding road. Reminds me of a poem I once read.

Beautiful and well composed photos, and a nice series, to boot!

Kelly said...

I love Daisies on the porch! That's a great photo!

Anonymous said...

I have this teeny tiny little flower bed outside our door. And it is in DESPERATE need of help. I cant find any of my garden tools from last year. Wanna come over? : ) I will leave the door open so you can get in if I am at work...

j said...

I want flamingos too!!!!! They have them 2 for 8 bucks at Dollar General and I may have to buy some.

Your plants and flowers are lovely. My mother in law has a Peonie that bloomed this year for the first time in five years. She was so proud!