
( a gift from The Queen)
Tomorrow is the first day of Autumn. Autumn is a time for changes. And there are lots of changes going on in the Big Woods. Fall is in the air. The packing of the summer gear has begun. The cooler weather has arrived. Sweaters have been pulled out for the chilly morning air. Pumpkins have arrived at the market, soon leaves will be falling and changing color. Fall is the harvest time. Truckloads of beans and corn being cut and stored. Hay bales are in the fields. Soon fall festivals and Halloween parties will be going on. Yes ..Autumn brings lots of changes but it also gives us a lot to be thankful for! So how come I am still not ready for this?
<><
16 comments:
How come? Because its too soon to lose summer .. especially here where it never really got going ... though I do admit to enjoying the cooler LESS HUMID days and snuggle under the covers nights .. xo
i love fall..i think its so pretty...and i love the fall holidays, halloween..and thanksgiving are my favorite..happy fall to you
That flag is perfect for you!!! What a sweet gift. I look forward to seeing your Fall photos!
I like summer mainly because I have my kids with me. As far as seasons go, Fall is my favorite. The feeling of change in the air is sort of nice :)
Have a great week!
My favorite time of year! So clear and beautiful;)
I hope so! It means we will loose some of the heat and humidity here in Florida and be able to do things outside without breaking into a sweat. We have all those festivals too, however, for me it's just not the same as when we live further north. I miss the foliage changing and the frosty mornings. Enjoy!
I have been desperatly trying to push fall back just for a few weeks but it just won't listen to me.....I'm not quite ready either.
Well, I don't know! Why? Just not ready for school to be going full force again or not ready to give up a wonderful summer? Or do you hate winter?
Oh dear, WHAT? ;-)
Leaves are falling already here. Our summer was one of the rainest that I can remember. I like the temp being a little cool. I can hide pounds with jackets and coats! LOL
I use to love Halloween. I still do but it's not celebrated like it use to be. Too many pervs and meanies to send the kiddies 'round to much. What a shame!
I am done with summer. We had a few days in the 70s and I was so ready for the coolness....but it was in the 90s today....blah!
I wish to witness the falling of leaves. Unfortunately we don't have autumn here in the Philippines. I love to watch the yellow-orange canadian leaves or what you call it.
I WANT MY SUMMER BACK!!! GAH!
You're getting me excited for Fall! Still too hot here, but I'm looking forward to the cool down
I'm ready for the cooler weather. Summer was fun, though, wasn't it?
Autumn is my most favorite time of the year!
We're enjoying the start of the season too. In fact, it's the middle of the day and I'm considering closing the patio door because it's a bit too chilly!
Post a Comment