Monday, September 7, 2009

Party!

Meet...The Queen .

And her husband...The Marine.
They live at Aberdeen.
(more on that high falutin' farm place later)
They are our neighbors and dang good ones
I might add. Yesterday The Marine surprised
The
Queen with a birthday party at....
The Horse Lady's house.

Her life is filled with a lot of Hope and Joy!
The Horse Lady graciously opened her home....

and that's when the fun began! Wait! Who
is that in the background sneaking wine?
Friends came out of the wood work!
Here's Flower Girl and Muscle Man.

The Marine and The Flower Girl.
The German Lady with one of her tikes...
The Pony Ballerina.

The German Lady's husband....
The Flying Farm Boy.

The Pony Ballerina's brother...Socker Boy
with The Flower Girl. (The Flower Girl
is a camera hog!)

We showered The Queen with gifts and cards.

She had the time of her life.....

Sporting those blue suede shoes!

Life out here in the Big Woods is a simple one.
It's all about friends, good neighbors, laughter
and just enjoying life! But yesterday it was
all about The Queen!

Not sure how I came away with a gift.

But ask me if I had a good time!

21 comments:

I Am Woody said...

Aw - what a great day!!

Unknown said...

Looks like a great party and I LOVE your cozie...how cool is that!!

Happy Birthday to the Queen.

Love you.

Daryl said...

What a fabulous time .. and your cast of characters is sensational. Love your chic monogrammed bottle coola!

Happy Birthday Queen! Long may you reign!

Unknown said...

You guys sure do know how to live in The Big Woods! Happy Birthday to the Queen!


I can't wait forever for my chocolate. How about you?

Travis Cody said...

No need to ask! I can tell that you did!

~JarieLyn~ said...

This sounds like a fabulous party. I love your pink bottle hugger.

Country Girl said...

You have friends who live in Harford County, MD? That Aberdeen? Only about 50 minutes from me!

Happy Birthday to The Queen!

joanne said...

I had no idea life could be so fine out there in them woods...;p
Happy Birthday to the Queen!

Once upon time... said...

I love the handles you give everybody! Looks like you all had a great time and that's what a good birthday party is all about! Well, that and birthday gifts! ;-)

j said...

Happy Birthday to the Queen! It does look like such a good time with a lot of very nice looking folks.

The Good Eater said...

Love those blue suede shoes.

Caution/Lisa said...

Will you please write a post about each character? Please????

Anonymous said...

It looks fantastically fun Noe Noe. I cried this morning about Kaishon leaving too! It's a sad day!

Dr.John said...

I remember neighbors and neighborhoods. Great things to have. I miss them.

imom said...

Looks like everyone had a blast!

Mental P Mama said...

I guess my invitation got lost in the mail;) And you totally deserved that present!

Audrey at Barking Mad! said...

Ya'll sure know how to throw a party down there. I miss you!

Christina said...

What a nice party for the queen and I love the beautiful cake. Happy Birthday and long live the queen!

Suz Broughton said...

Your own personalized cozy! I want one!

aurbie said...

Happy Birthday to the Queen. And a big hello (or should I say, Semper Fi?)from my Marine to your Marine. My Marine was a door gunner in Nam 66-67, Marble Mt.

Our son has an office at APG. We pass by there all the time on the way to Bel Air.

Love your monogrammed drink holder.

RedLan said...

I missed parties nowadays. You are so lucky having parties and having friends around. And oh, that personalized gift for you is touching.